22.523.12 97th Legislative Session 816
ENTITLED An Act to create a critical care endorsement for emergency medical technician-paramedics.
Be it enacted by the Legislature of the State of South Dakota:
Section 1. That chapter 36-4B be amended with a NEW SECTION:
A critical care endorsement is hereby created. The board shall issue the endorsement to any person who is licensed as an emergency medical technician-paramedic and:
(1) Completes the educational requirements and training, in critical care transport, approved by the board and promulgated in accordance with section 36-4B-35; or
(2) Is certified as a critical care paramedic or a flight paramedic by the International Board of Specialty Certification.
Section 2. That § 36-4B-35 be AMENDED:
36-4B-35. The board shall adopt rules to:
(1) Establish the educational and training curriculum requirements and the examination requirements for applicants to become licensed as advanced life support personnel;
(2) Establish the procedure for the administration of the advanced life support program and designate the responsibilities of the department and the board;
(3) Regulate the professional conduct of licensees; and
(4) Establish the educational and training requirements and conditions for issuance of a critical care endorsement, as provided for in section 1 of this Act.
An Act to create a critical care endorsement for emergency medical technician-paramedics.
I certify that the attached Act originated in the:
Speaker of the House
President of the Senate
Secretary of the Senate
File No. ____
Chapter No. ______
Received at this Executive Office
this _____ day of _____________,
2022 at ____________M.
for the Governor
The attached Act is hereby
approved this ________ day of
______________, A.D., 2022
Filed ____________, 2022
at _________ o'clock __M.
Secretary of State
Asst. Secretary of State