21.243.12 96th Legislative Session 400
SENATE HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES ENGROSSED
Introduced by: The Committee on Health and Human Services at the request of the Department of Human Services
An Act to revise certain provisions regarding access critical nursing facilities.
Be it enacted by the Legislature of the State of South Dakota:
Section 1. That § 34-12-35.5 be AMENDED.
34-12-35.5. Access critical nursing facilities.
The Department of
designate access critical nursing facilities annually as part of the
medicaid rate setting process. The department shall designate the
access critical nursing facilities according to the following
(1) No other nursing facility is located within twenty miles;
(2) The nursing facility is located in the largest municipality within thirty-five miles, unless the next closest nursing facility is located more than fifty miles from any other nursing facility;
(3) The nursing facility provides
(4) The nursing facility is integrated with other health care services, either through affiliation with other services or through formal agreement;
projected nursing facility demand within the county in which the
facility is located is less than sixty beds in 2015
The current five-year average number of occupied beds in the facility
is less than sixty;
(6) The nursing facility agrees to relinquish any excess moratorium beds that are authorized pursuant to § 34-12-35.4.
Catchlines are not law. (§ 2-16-13.1) Underscores indicate new language.
indicate deleted language.